5 Tips For Building A Home Aquaponics System
If you are just getting into Aquaponics and need some tips for building your own home Aquaponics system then below you will find my 5 tips for building a working and healthy Aquaponics system.
Remember building and maintaining an Aquaponics system is supposed to be an easy task, And it can be if you have the right information. I hope that my tips can help you get a good start in Aquaponics.
Aquaponics Plans 5 Tips For Building A Home Aquaponics System:
- Picking The Right Location. Where you put your Aquaponics system will affect how well your plants grow. Shelter them from extreme weather conditions (hot and cold temperatures and wind) and make sure they get enough light to grow.
- Oxygenating In The Water. Keeping your fish very happy will also keep your Aquaponics system running well. Make sure you Oxygenate the water in your system daily.
- Choose Your Fish Well. The great thing about this is that you can have just about any kind of fish in your system and it will still work. You can use many types of freshwater fish. Catfish are popular because of their efficient digestive system. You will however need to check with your states regulations for what fish you can keep. I recommend you buy fingerling’s and not fry. Fingerling’s will ensure your system will be running soon rather than fry which take time to mature.
- Easy Maintenance And Harvest. In order to ensure that you have a easy time harvesting and conducting maintenance you should keep your Aquaponics systems height level with your waist. This way you will not have to bend over to do the work required to maintain your Aquaponics system.
- Test And Maintain. You need to test the water in your system daily to ensure that your fish are still producing the right nutrients for your plants. If they are not producing well then you need to add the missing nutrients. Most common is Iron, Calcium carbonate or Potassium carbonate. Adding this nutrients yourself is easy and may be required to ensure your plants are getting what they need.
Aquaponics can be a fun and rewarding venture and I recommend it to anyone that wants to grow organic food and plants. The investment and cost to get set up and running is little compared to the great benefits that you will get from having your own home Aquaponics system.
If you would like to get started with Aquaponics today then I recommend you visit Aquaponics 4 U. Aquaponics 4 U is a step by step guide to building and maintaining your own Aquaponics system.